Archive For October 31, 2018
Our AIAA student chapter plans to travel to Austin, Texas to take part in the 2019 Region IV Student Conference. Anyone presenting a paper at the conference has priority in securing funding for their trip. It is a great opportunity and experience!
Please mark your calendars and save the dates for the upcoming Region IV Student Conference. Find below the important dates to remember.
Everyone is invited to our October Meeting, we present guest speaker, Jaime A. Stearns, the Air Force Research Laboratory Space Vehicles Directorate Space Control Mission Lead. There will be pizza at the meeting, don’t miss it!!
About Dr. Stearns:
She coordinates the Directorate’s research and development activities in Space Situational Awareness and Command & Control in support of defensive space operations. Dr. Stearns joined the Space Vehicles Directorate of the AFRL as a National Research Council post-doctoral fellow. She became a civil servant a year later, founding and leading an AFOSR-funded research program using laser spectroscopy to explore new concepts for space propulsion and Space Situational Awareness. She has authored or co-authored 24 peer-reviewed publications and holds an Associated Faculty position in the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at the University of New Mexico
Below is more information!
2000 Bachelor of Arts degree in Chemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.
2005 Doctor of Philosophy degree in Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN.
1. Nov 2008 – Nov 2009, National Research Associate, AFRL Space Vehicles Directorate, Hanscom AFB, MA.
2. Nov 2009 – May 2011, Research Chemist, AFRL Space Vehicles Directorate, Hanscom AFB, MA.
3. May 2011 – Nov 2016, Principal Investigator for Laser Spectroscopy and Reactivity Laboratory, AFRL Space Vehicles Directorate, Kirtland AFB, NM.
4. Jan 2016 – May 2016, AFRL Liaison to the Joint Space Operations Center, Vandenberg AFB, CA.
5. Nov 2016 – Sep 2018, AFRL Deputy Capability Lead for Space Superiority, AFRL Space Vehicles Directorate, Kirtland AFB, NM.
6. Sep 2018 – present; Space Control Mission Lead, AFRL Space Vehicles Directorate, Kirtland AFB, NM.
The Tour date changed from Nov 7th to Nov 28th!
This is just a reminder to save the date for Nov. 28th, 2018 for the Holloman Air Force Base tour. Please note that it will be an all day event but it will be so much fun and you’ll get to experience a lot of great things and meet new people!
We really hope to see you all there. Please attend out next meeting on October 23, 5:30pm to see more details
If you have any questions please email our Outreach Coordinator, Breanna at email@example.com.